Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Audio Books

I Love Audio Books.  This is what I listen to when I am working in the studio, cleaning the house, driving the car, knitting.   The funny thing is I hate to listen to books I have not read first.  This is mainly because if I walk out of hearing range it is O.K. if I miss something.  I know the story, I have read it.  In fact a sure sign that I found a book that I think is excellent is that I go and get an Audio Copy of it.  I use to read books several times (and some I still do)  but mainly I just listen to them over and over.  Another thing I love about audio books is that when you have someone read a book to you different parts of the story pop out at you then when you read them.  I also enjoy listening to the last published book just before I read the new published book to get back into that world and reintroduce myself to the people in the story. 
My biggest frustration with audio books is that there are not more of them.  Or at least not in the books I want to hear.  I realize this is a financial decision from the publishers side of things, but from a readers it gets frustrating.  The other thing that bothers me is purchasing them.  I always get redirected back to Audio.com and I can not stand, O.K. HATE businesses that MAKE you buy stuff.  If I want to buy 5 books a month I will, If  I want to buy only this one then let me do it and quit trying to rope me into some kind of agreement that I am just going to have to go cancel tomorrow!!!
Any Ways the last real benefit is that my husband gets to then hear these stories and know what I am talking about.  He is not a big book reader like I am (more mags and periodicals) but he does like a good story.  Many a time he will say leave it on when I am going to turn it off or say turn it up.  He of course will deny this, and we will let him.

No comments:

Post a Comment