Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Auditory Processing Disorder

I think I will be adding a page to the left designated to APD.  this is a disability that I have and that my son has.  APD is NOT part of the autism spectrum. though you help both APD and Autism is very similar ways.  APD is difficulty processing sound which can then lead to extreme sensory issues (sesitive to sound, light and touch).  where Autism is both sensory issues and social issues (difficulty understanding, communicating, empathizing, or sympathizing with others).  the only social issues that someone with APD has is in the frustration and confussion that is created by not being able to "hear" (process) what others are saying.  So really no more social issues then someone who is deaf.  Attached is a link to a blog of someone with APD and a professional writer.  she does an amazing job explaining what it is like.  I am adding her blog to my list

/http://qw88nb88.wordpress.com/living-with-auditory-processing-disorder/

No comments:

Post a Comment